Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Fig Newton's: Cake or Cookie

I'll start off by saying that I'm not the first to notice this, but I just saw a package of Fig Newtons and it said "Fruit Chewy Cookies." Wait a second, COOKIE?! I remember the ad campaign where they boldly proclaimed them to be a cake. Now, here's a great example of a company really getting off message. They spent millions of dollars boldly proclaiming themselves to be "Not a cookie" and then switch to "Oops, I guess we really are a cookie." I guess that explains why I haven't had one in years. Way to give up the niche. For more information on Fig Newtons there is some interesting facts on Wikipedia.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen Wakefield said...

It's a newton, not a cake or cookie.

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Bob said...

Fruitcake!

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Bob said...

Cake or cookie, stale fig newtons are the worst!

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Bob said...

And these Fig Newtons are getting very, very stale.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Jen Wakefield said...

You're not rambling very much. What's up?

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Romana said...

I love Fig Newtons!

But definitely not stale ones. Yuck!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com