Monday, September 26, 2005

Openness & Honesty

It's amazing to me how dishonest we are as humans. We pretend to be happy when we're upset, act as if we like someone when we don't, refuse to air out differences when we're mad. Dishonesty seems to permeate every aspect of our existence. Of course, as a new member of this "blogosphere" I realize that honesty is the name of this game. But, it is intriguing to me that it would take an electronic medium such as this to bring out our honest side. It's even turning into a business (intriguing or just a sad commentary on life).

Those that know me, know that I tend to wear my feelings on my shirtsleeve. My mom has even told me that as a kid I would tell her everything I had done wrong. She actually got to the point of wishing I wouldn't tell her everything, so she wouldn't have to punish me. Silly? Maybe, but I'm glad I have that reputation. In fact, if I could be known for nothing more than my honesty and integrity, I would be a happy man.

Honesty...seems like such a simple thing, and yet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com