Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Uniquely Similar

Okay, I admit it. I love oxymorons. I think they are a great attention grabber, so hopefully my little title intrigued you. Now to explain.

I've been thinking a lot lately about a human trait that I find a bit amusing. Here's the context...I just recently bought a 2005 Nissan 350Z (as you can see from my links on the right). I have wanted this car for over a year, and now that it's mine I absolutely love it. However, not more than a month after getting it I began dreaming about all of the tweaks and modifications I could do. It was like I had this intense desire to make my car unique from every other Z on the road. Not so strange, but in making these modifications I actually became very similar to every other car enthusiast who is also modding their car. I became uniquely similar.

Another example...I'm a big Xbox fan (also highlighted in the links to the right) and have a lot of friends who also play. Almost all of us have done some sort of modification to our boxes. From painting, to putting in LEDs that light up the front, to adding mod chips we've all changed and modified our systems. Once again making us all uniquely similar.

It's like humans have this intense desire to stand out, but end up trying to stand out by doing something that will make them fit in. Is it just me, or is that just a bit weird? Anyway, I think about stuff like this as I get ready in the morning. Just a bit of mind wandering. Enjoy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should get those flourescent lights installed under your car and put a big "No Fear" sticker across the top of your front windshield.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

How 'bout a big Pooh on the back window and "Pooh 4-Eva" across the windshield.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Trent Flood said...

The pooh thing would definitely be unique!! For those not "in the loop", Poohbear is a nickname at work (don't ask).

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com