Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Time to Breathe

Okay, for all of those rabid fans out there that have been bugging me to post, here you go! Honestly, I haven't had much time to breathe since getting back from an awesome vacation to North Carolina (that will be another post, at another time). I have been "musing" about some things lately, so here's one.

Why is it that humans love to misuse communication vehicles and when did that trend start? I mean, were their native americans who spammed each other with smoke signals? What about town criers, did blacksmiths and taverns pay them to yell out the daily special?

Why is it that every day I now have to sift through 10 pieces of snail mail, 150 e-mails, a couple dozen phone calls, plus the plethora of TV, radio and newspaper ads. Is it really effective for us all to be "yelling" at each other all the time? How many messages can a person take in per day before they are at capacity? Okay, so this is more of a rant than a musing, but I guess it is on my mind after coming back from a week vacation and having to spend countless hours just finding my desk under all of the communication. I'm in overload.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com