Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Celebrating Life

This past weekend, my wife and I went up to Indiana to celebrate my grandmother's funeral. Celebrate? Yes, for some people that might be an odd word to choose, but not so in this case. My grandmother was an amazing woman. From growing up on a farm where she learned an incredible work ethic, to being one of the first women to enter the radio market in northern Indiana, to raising a family of three kids by herself after my grandfather was tragically killed in a car accident (he was in his early thirties and their kids were all under seven years old). As I sat in the church and looked at the faces around the room, I could only wish that when I come to the end of my life that I will have accomplished half as much as she did. So, as my family gathered, we celebrated the life of someone who knew how to live and is now really learning how to live in the arms of her Lord.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jen said...

Nice post, Trent. Sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing, but I'm happy she's finally home.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com