Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Feeling Overwhelmed

Okay, I've got to be honest here. I haven't posted in a few days or even been online much over the weekend. So, tonight I had a few minutes and booted up the ol' laptop to check my RSS reader and surf a bit. Wasn't planning on posting but just had to get this off my chest.

I am a bit overwhelmed at some of the intelligent conversation happening on topics such as
PR measurement, the growing convergence between new and traditional media, and PR's use of social media tools. I say I'm overwhelmed not because there is good conversation, but because of the speed of that conversation. Trying to keep up with one's day job as well as stay in touch with the growth and transition of the communication's field is not the easiest endeavor.

I guess it all goes back to the shrinking distance between organizations and their audiences. That has led to the industry's shifting its thinking, redefining its objectives and modifying its approach. Maybe the PR world isn't doing such a bad job of keeping up with the times so to speak.

I just hope that we don't all get lost in the blur of information driving this crazy communication train.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Josh Hallett said...

It does get a bit stressful doesn't it. Welcome to my world :-)

All the M&A stuff today did come on like a tidal wave. I plan on listening to the For Immediate Release interview of Pete Blackshaw later this evening to catch up a bit.

There should also be quite a bit going on with the WOMMA conference in Orlando on Thursday & Friday.

7:54 PM  
Anonymous jen said...

Amen. It is quite hard to work and keep up with all of my RSS feeds (mostly news and PR blogs) in a timely fashion. You miss a few days and you're completely out of it. Glad you could join me. We'll have to face that we'll never be Josh. We are simple padawan learners.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Trent Flood said...

Josh - Didn't know about the WOMMA event. Could you keep your eyes open for any interesting speakers/panelists that we might use for FPRA? This will continue to be a hot topic.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com